[Rhodes22-list] Thanks plus

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Tue Oct 14 12:03:33 EDT 2003

Len,

   You are certainly welcome.  It was my pleasure to have you aboard! I'm
sorry to hear that the R22 won't fit the bill.  The boat is generally
possible to sail entirely from the cockpit, but when you gotta go forward
you gotta go. My experience on dinghy's was all on small and tippy ones.  I
couldn't imagine having reduced mobility on one.  However, I see how an R19
could be stable enough for comfort but still open enough to allow access to
everything from the cockpit.  Best of luck.  If you are interested, there is
a gentleman who docks across from me who sails/races frequently and also
walks with a cane.  He has a group of guys who goes out on one of his 3 or 4
old racing boats.  I could probably arrange an introduction if you think you
might be interested in a ride on one of those.

BTW, our boat is supposed to be out of the water now but it isn't.  I hope
to pull her this weekend.

--Doug