[Rhodes22-list] PICS of the Mast crane ?

Ronald Lipton lipton at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 16 16:08:39 EDT 2003

By the way - I received a older version of the mast raising system
when I bought an '89 R22.  It constists of two aluminum sections
which bolt to the cabintop and have a square section hinge arrangement.
They form an A frame which is suspended from the aft shrouds to
control the mast.  The system works, but I believe the new design is
superior.  There is evidence on my boat that the hinges were not set
up properly and a section of the cabintop was torn off.  That
presumably made the mast raising into a rapid lowering.

Ron