[Rhodes22-list] Awful quiet on the list.

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Sun Oct 26 21:34:28 EST 2003

At Charles Mill Lake in Ohio,Hualout dead line is Monday the 27th.so
Saturday was the big day.I enlisted my brother& son as the mast lowering
device,let's just say Santa has been notified to get in touch with Stan &
GBI.
  This is my first season with the Rhodes 22 (1986),and I have to say,I just
love it. Last Saturday& Monday were two of the best days all season.
Saturday I single-handed for 3 hours,and sailed all the way back to my
slip,thru 1 mile of very protected channel.Monday,my wife and I went out in
15 to20 mph winds.I worked at washing the windows for about an hour,and
Carol said "We're not going to be able to eat this picnic supper I packed
until we get back to the dock ,
are we?" . I pulled in the jib and furled the main down to a hanky,and
turned the 4 minute tacks into a 20 minute one.We ate supper to the tune of
the wind whistling through the IMF slot.Did I mention I love this boat!
Sailed all the way back to the slip Monday ,too!
  I bought this boat at the end of June,I took her from the PO's lake, right
to CML,completely avoiding any maintenance issues,that would get in the way
of sailing. Now she resides in the back yard,the need to list is getting
long,the want to list is off the page.I will be posting a lot of  questions
in the near future,and be needing some sailing stories to hold me through
winter.
               Jerry