[Rhodes22-list] Perfect ending!

LafingBear at aol.com LafingBear at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 14:58:15 EST 2003

Our boat had to be out of the water by last weekend so my daughter came down
from Mass. and my son came up from DC to help. It was a perfect sailing day,
steady wind, cool but not cold, sunny and only a few other sailboats out on the
lake. My daughter took the tiller as soon as we left the slip and I'd set the
sails. We were flying, rail down , bottom of the genny almost in the water,
and I suddenly realized I wasn't even tense. When I looked back at my daughter
she was looking up at the wind indicator and smiling. "I love this Daddy, I
really love this!!" When one of your children shares your love of sailing and
has become a fine sailer , it makes everything even better! A perfect way to end
the summer.
jJim Gifford