[ham] Re: [Rhodes22-list] can I tow a rhodes22

Daniel Bodnar dsbodnar at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 00:16:40 EST 2003

Michael,
My company is just a little touchy about aftermarket equipment especially
on the diesels. I've been told that the aftermarket chips leave a signature
in the diagnostic system's memory and we've been quick to walk away from
the warranty when a performance chip is involved in diesel engine troubles.
Our engineers spend over a year calibrating the engine for the most
horsepower, balanced by fuel economy. Their priority is durability, so
unless you are going for the diesel powered land-speed record....   560 ft
lbs of torque and  325 HP can tow the Queen Mary!    Air filter... if it
seals well so no dirt can get in around the joints/seams, it should be OK.
Here again, you might be amazed at the engineering and testing that goes
into the design of the filter housing and tubes to optimize air flow and
minimize sound/noise coming from the air moving through the system.

Dan Bodnar
S/V QOL

<rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
> Date: 10/27/2003 9:31:37 PM
> Subject: Re: [ham] Re: [Rhodes22-list] can I tow a rhodes22
>
> You could be right here, it only has 11,000 pound towing and 1200 ball
weight, but I told karin I need it for towing and I am
> sticking to my story, BTW is thier any downside to the replacemnt filter,
seems to simple of a win and do I need the "adidivates".