[Rhodes22-list] RE: [rhodes-list] Holocaust - first they came for the .....

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Thu Sep 4 11:16:41 EDT 2003

Gregg,
	Thank you for your reply.  When Michael used part of the first
line, I recognized the source.  The last few years, I have kept a copy
of the verse, it just took some time for me to find it.  This verse has
both political and business implications.  Look at the lady accountant
from Enron who was speaking out.  How many others are working for
organizations who have crossed the line and are fearful to speak out
because they would loose their jobs.  More troubling is that many issues
of right or wrong are being obscured in the name of political
correctness. We may have a Constitutional right of free speech, but the
pressures against using it are great.  It still takes individual courage
to speak out.  Recently I saw an interview with the actor, Ed
Asner(sp?).  He has been outspoken on several liberal issues.  The
interviewer stated that he was an example that you could speak out and
not be reprised against.  Mr. Asner shot back that he was definitely
reprised against for his views and it cost him many roles as an actor.

		Ed K