[Rhodes22-list] Racing the Rhodes 22

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Mon Sep 8 17:31:56 EDT 2003

We had our first series of 2 races for the fall season Saturday here on the Pamlico River.
Both Races we beat 3 other boats. Great fun. On the second start of the day we put into practice the "timed run" starting method from a RACING TO WIN tape I have. We smoked everyone and were first over the start line. For the next 30 secs we were number one. Finished 6 only 22 min behind the leader. This is with 25 year old sails ( standard main).

I know I can more speed out of the old sails, which is good because TRW is shutting down the Greenville, NC Plant in 2004. (where I work)

SOOO. if anybody needs a Metallurgist .... speak now.
I wonder If I can get work as a Tactician on a racing sailboat??????? :)

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary