[Rhodes22-list] Racing the Rhodes 22

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Tue Sep 9 17:37:47 EDT 2003

Peter,
	Apparently, those who know racing sailboats think it is not an
Oldsmobile, but a racing Chevy.  If you read the history of Philip
Rhodes, you will find he designed racing cruisers. The Rhodes 22 we all
sail has ease of use and comfort amenities that do not enhance it racing
attributes.
	I suggest you look thru the web site:

http://astro.temple.edu/~bstavis/pr/rhodes.htm

	And try to locate a copy of Richard Henderson's book Philip L.
Rhodes and his Yacht Designs, Camden: International Marine Publishing
Co, 1981, with additional printings by International Marine/McGraw Hill
in 1993.  This book is now out of print and hard to locate.
	If you study Philip Rhodes, you will better understand the
'cult' you have joined.
             Ed K