[Rhodes22-list] Testimonial

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 20:03:37 EDT 2003

In the good news/bad news department:

GOOD NEWS:  I can attest that the Rhodes 22 with mast hoist is officially
easy enough for a single female to load on the trailer, lower the mast, and
tie down for trailering.

BAD NEWS:  My wife and I found this out right after I tore cartilage in my
left knee vaulting onto the floating ramp from the concrete ramp.  We were
hauling the boat on Sunday to take it on vacation to the lake with us.  She
winched the boat onto the trailer and finished the job while I alternately
sat in my truck and hobbled around on the ground.  Many observers at the
busy ramp remarked on how easy it all was.   It did take longer than the
benchmark 45 minutes, perhaps twice that.  My wife didn't have the benefit
of Elton training.  Fortunately, I brought the directions.

Think positive thoughts for my knee.  If the swelling goes down enough, I
may still get some sailing in on vacation.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer