[Rhodes22-list] Winch Problems

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 10:36:41 EDT 2003

Tip
It's actually fairly simple.  There is a circle ring
that holds the SS plate on top.  Take a flathead
screwdriver and pop that off; but be carefull that you
don't lose it - sometimes pops up in the air.  Then
remove the SS plate.

Next, pull up the main winch base being carefull not
to dislodge the trips & springs.  Make note of how the
trip come out and the direction that the springs go
into the back of the trips (I'm calling it a trip due
to I can't remember the right name for it).

Clean all the parts making sure all the old greese is
removed.  May need to clean it in gas if it is real
dirty.  Then use some good winch greese.  Its a very
smooth grease & put it back together.
Steve