[Rhodes22-list] Miami U.

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Sep 12 14:38:53 EDT 2003

Doug,

I'm afraid all I know about the "pans" is that I love listening to them.
I've fooled around a little with them, but never got very proficient,
although as a somewhat accomplished timpanist, I'll bet I could hang on to a
bass part.  8-)  I've heard told that the original pans were each made by
the drummer himself and had its own unique arrangement of note placement so
that no other drummer would be able to play his pan, and thus possibly take
away his gig if he was a better drummer.  It was job security.

How many in your group?

Slim