[Rhodes22-list] bimini

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Wed Sep 17 17:34:59 EDT 2003

Steve,

I might have an insight into bimini height for you. We recently replaced
Raven's original 1988 Lee main sail. The sunbrella at the clew of the sail
rubbed the top of the IMF boom slide assembly when we would furl it. The new
sail's clew sits about a foot above the boom slide assemble when furled.

This means that with the old main, the aft end of the boom was about  a foot
lower than it is now. I don't know what our bimini measurement is, but the
boom used to rub the top of the bimini like yours, and now we've got several
inches of clearance.

Mark Kaynor