[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Seats: How much weight?

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Fri Sep 19 07:59:26 EDT 2003

We have a friend who loves to sail but is a bit on the large size: 280-300 lbs worth. This guy is also great at fixing things on sailboats and loves to trade his time/skill for sail time so he's a good person to have onboard occassionally. My concern is whether the seat would crack when he steps on or off the boat. He's also had knee surgery so he doesn't always 'step lightly'. Do I need to worry about this?

Julie Thorndycraft
S/V Blue Loon