[Rhodes22-list] Isabel

mltroy mltroy at netreach.net
Fri Sep 19 12:00:52 EDT 2003

Thanks for the update Tom. Water was 8 ft above MLLW at
Tolchester at 7 am but the wind is still strong from the SE.
I figure where we are left the boat in the boatyard in Rock
Hall is good to at least 10. Some parts of Rock Hall are
under water as are parts of many other areas of the Bay.
Good wishes to everyone who had life, livelihood or just a
boat in harm's way. Cross your fingers.

>From the NOAA flood warning issued for Kent County (8:10
9/19): "MODERATE TO SEVERE TIDAL FLOODING WILL ALSO BE A
PROBLEM ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE AREA INTO FRIDAY AFTERNOON
WITH THE WORST FLOODING...IN SOME CASES RECORD
FLOODING...EXPECTED IN THE DELAWARE AND CHESAPEAKE BAYS. ...
ALONG THE SHORES OF THE DELAWARE AND CHESAPEAKE BAYS,
MODERATE TO SEVERE FLOODING WAS OCCURRING AS THE RESULT OF A
5 TO 6 FOOT SURGE MOVING UP BOTH BAYS COMBINED WITH A STRONG
SOUTHERLY WIND. THIS SOUTHERLY FLOW WILL PREVENT WATER FROM
MOVING OUT OF BOTH BAYS THROUGH THIS MORNING. THIS BUILDUP
OF WATER IN THE BAYS IS EXPECTED TO AGGRAVATE THE FLOODING
SITUATION IN THE CHESAPEAKE AND DELAWARE BAYS AT THE TIME OF
THE NEXT HIGH TIDE THIS AFTERNOON. THE FLOODING OVER THE
UPPER CHESAPEAKE BAY IS OF RECORD PROPORTIONS.......

TIMES OF HIGH TIDE AND POSSIBLE WATER LEVELS FOR SEVERAL
LOCATIONS AROUND THE AREA:

LOCATION TIME OF HIGH TIDE HEIGHT ABOVE MLLW

PHILA. PA TODAY 907 AM 9.5 TO 10.0 FT TONIGHT 928 PM 8.0 TO
8.5 FT

TOLCHESTER MD TODAY 147 PM 7.5 TO 8.5 FT

CAMBRIDGE MD TODAY 1035 AM 6.5 TO 7.0 FT

THE NEXT SCHEDULED HURRICANE LOCAL STATEMENT WILL BE ISSUED
BY 1130 AM EDT FRIDAY."