[Rhodes22-list] edenton

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 20 22:58:09 EDT 2003

Rummy,

As I mentioned before,  Michael Orro of Triad Trailers told me Friday that
GBI was hit hard.  I believe he obtained this information from a phone call
with Elton.  That's all I really know.  I have been trying Elton's cell (203
856 2789) with no luck.  You can only leave a message.  All other numbers to
Edenton ring fast busy. Has anyone checked the Mt. Clemmons Boat Show in MI
for Elton?

I also tried an e-mail to Jim Elliott, a Tanzer 16 sailor who owns the local
Nationwide Insurance agency in Edenton, asking him for any information about
the Spitzers in the old Tanzer plant.  No luck there yet either.  I'm sure
he's ass-deep in alligators himself right now.

My guess is that there are lots of trees down on power, phone and fiberoptic
lines.  If it's like Fran was here in '96, it will take many days to clear.
Some here were without power for 3 weeks then.  At least the weather is warm
and people won't freeze.

If GBI was hit hard, then I think it would be just great if we could
organize some way for the Rhodes 22 cult to help out. What would you
suggest?

PT