[Rhodes22-list] Good news Re: Isabel

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at netreach.net
Sun Sep 21 20:22:49 EDT 2003

Gil,
We were down in Rock Hall today and checked on Closing Time while we were
there. She's just fine. Do you know if the marina personnel adjusted
docklines during the storm?

Fretless is also fine. Water in the boatyard came about midway up the
trailer tires. She did get a small nick through the gelcoat below the
waterline on the port forward quarter - probably from some flying or
floating debris. It's small enough that we'll have them relaunch her this
week and we'll take care of it over the winter.

The Rock Hall waterfront took quite a beating. Waterman's Crab House is
destroyed. There is a big hole where the back part of the dining room was.
Evidently the deck is damaged and the kitchen equipment is gone. A man who
I assume was the owner was there getting pictures and talking to
bystanders. Sounds like he will rebuild if he can. P.E Pruitt's also
sustained damage but I don't know how much. Many of the low lying houses in
Ferry Park (behind the beach) had about 3 feet of water on the first floor.
Most of the marinas appear in good shape although Gratitude lost some of
their docks. Spring Cove's look perfect although we did not walk out much
beyond your slip. Swan Creek's are fine except for some lifting where B
dock meets the shore.

Sorry to hear you are still without power. Hope the PECO estimate was
conservative.

Mary Lou