[Rhodes22-list] Headsail furlers.

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 07:35:11 EDT 2003

Rummy
The CDIs have an encloeed Drum.  I haven't used a CDI
but Bill has a big Harken which also has the enclosed
drum.  You really have to watch out for line wrap with
that enclosed drup.  It happens a couple of time on
Bill boat.  Talk about a PINA.  Positioned on the bow
of the boat with 2 screwdrivers trying to untangle the
wrap & get the thing unjamed. It can be done; we have
done it.  BTW: the Schafer has an open drum.
Steve