[ham] Re: [Rhodes22-list] edenton

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Wed Sep 24 15:47:19 EDT 2003

OK, to whom it may be of concern:

Elton was in SC with Rummy and everything was fine.  We hold Rummy
responsible for sending him back.

the lights just now went back on - 2,500 e-mails are filling the screen but
have to leave for show so will contact those needing contacting when return.

first the rains came and turned off the lights but we are accustomed to that
in this town   -
water came in through every pour in the roof (another procrastination of you
know who) as well as coming out of everything else -  except the faucets
(since the community water pumps were the first things to go)

with no water and some of us having the s-scared out of them, I had to keep
filling the toilet water tank by bailing the Albemarle so we could flush
periodically before asphyxiation set in.   I think our lowering the
Albemarle was responsible for saving some waterfront homes.

then the winds came so we sat behind my office window walls and watched the
world go by  (pretty clever place to be !)

when it was all over we went out to examine the damage - on their sides: 2
1/2 cedar trees, one non Rhodes boat, some very heavy duty cables.

all the Rhodes were sitting peacefully on their trailers, vindicating once
again that the Rhodes is non capsizable.

trust everyone else has as much fun

stan/gbi