[Rhodes22-list] Small problem when coming about.

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Thu Sep 25 00:52:28 EDT 2003

Jim,

I also sail single-handed.  I push the tiller first and let go the jib sheet
after the jib begins to luff.  So far have never had your problem.  I assume
when you say this only happens when the jib is way out you mean that the jib
is not partly furled; if on the other hand you mean you are not sailing
close hauled try trimming your sails and pointing closer to the wind before
you come about using the method described above.

Lloyd