[Rhodes22-list] smaller is better

Christine Allison sailnut at asan.com
Thu Sep 25 15:26:14 EDT 2003

< The bigger the boat, the less often it is sailed.>

This is the first law of boat ownership.

 I see people floating around on 35 foot Hunters/Catalina's, their first
boat, and cringe.  Not only is it expensive, inconvenient but in my
estimation down right dangerous.

A very wise man once wrote that he would never own a pleasure boat whose
draft was greater then his height from chest to foot.  He felt reasonably
enough, that regardless of what happened he could always wade to shore!

I have always been amused watching the visitors at boat shows.  The first
thing they do is go below to look at the kitchen and the head!  Don't
solicit on my opinion(s) respecting the utility of MSD's on pleasure boats
and the regulations regarding their usage.

Richard Smith