[Rhodes22-list] A stupid question.

CarolN8 at aol.com CarolN8 at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 17:14:01 EDT 2003

Michael,

I'm not a tax person but this is what I understand about the new law passed
this summer. This 100% tax deduction is part of a change to the 179 Expensing.
It applies to other business expenses beside cars, but it's true, if it's a
car or truck, it has to be over 8500 pounds. The good news is that this expense
deduction is applicable until 2005, and then it reverts back to the old law of
up to a $25,000 deduction. That's assuming Washington doesn't make another
tax law change between now and then. So you have some time to decide what to do.

Carol
s/v Painkiller