[Rhodes22-list] Alternate Location for Traveler Bar

Jim Richardson jwrichardson1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 09:58:12 EST 2004

Hi All,

I have a question about the Traveler Bar.  Has anyone heard of relocating
this bar to the cockpit just before the cabin entrance?  I have been talking
to someone about a used Rhodes 22 and the Traveler bar has been put into
this location.  My only question is why?  What are the advantages if any and
wouldn't this degrade the Rhodes ability to absorb the stress from an
accidental jib?  If I were to purchase this boat I think I would be looking
to relocate the Traveler back to the original location on the back stays.
Any opinions are most welcome.  Fyi, I am new to sailing and have only done
a little informal dingy sailing on the local lake and am looking for a boat
to take to the bay.

Thanks,

Jim R.