[Rhodes22-list] Alternate Location for Traveler Bar

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 10:13:13 EST 2004

Jim,

I have not seen this arrangement on a R22 before but it is quite common on
other sailboats

Cons -
-It is in the way of cabin
-Takes up room in the cockpit
-The back stays don't absorb forces created by jibing

Pros-
-Without a boom vang you would most likely get better sail shape,
-In high winds it would be easier to adjust
-Better accesss to transom mounted ladder

Ilike having it out of the way.

Fair Winds,

Wally