[Rhodes22-list] The secret to being Married 50 Years

pdgrand at nospam.wmis.net pdgrand at nospam.wmis.net
Fri Apr 2 15:49:35 EST 2004

My wife and I have the secret to making a marriage last:

1. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, have a little wine, some

good food and companionship. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.

2. We also sleep in separate beds.

Hers is in Des Moines and mine is in Cedar Rapids.

3. I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.

4. I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. "Somewhere

I haven't been in a long time!" she said. So I suggested the kitchen.

5. We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.

6. She has an electric blender, electric toaster and electric bread maker

Then she said, "There are too many gadgets and no place to sit down!". So

I bought her an electric chair.

7. Remember.... Marriage is the number one cause of divorce.

Statistically, 100% of all divorces started with marriage.

8. I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was Always.

9. I haven't spoken to my wife for 18 months. I don't like to interrupt

her.

10. The last fight was my fault. My wife asked, "What's on the TV?".... I

said, "Dust!"

   -----Original    Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:53:41 -0800