[Rhodes22-list] Re: [Rhodes22-list KY Lake, was Removal

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 2 16:23:41 EST 2004

Hi Bob,

Weather was pretty darn nice!! Sunday it was pretty cold, but we were tired
from the trip anyway, so we just fired up the electric heater and took a
good nap. I think there was frost on the dock Sunday morning and Monday
morning. It warmed up to 55 or so on Monday afternoon, then just kept
improving from there. By Friday, it was almost hot. Lots of wind all week.
Too much sometimes for easy sailing.....we went anyway :-) Came in on
Wednesday in 25 knots straight up the lake, gusting to 35 and 4 foot waves.
We had quite a ride coming back up. We anchored out on Tuesday night down
near the bridge. (about 20 miles down) The last 5 miles or better with the
GPS showing between 6 and 6.8 knots (hull speed is 5.7)

Got a bunch of sanding and refinishing done on Thursday and Friday. Got
about half the exterior woodwork looking decent again. Did I mention,
there's WAY too much wood on our Flicka??? :-)

We had supper with Anne and Jon and his wife on Sunday night. Went to
Patti's for a porkchop on Tuesday night. Had supper with Steve and Pam
Haines (TSBB) out on Friday and at their place Saturday. Ate breakfast at
the Waffle House all week. Gettin' a little chubby after all that. :-)

Maybe you can make it over there in the fall. We'll be down there again
starting probably the last weekend in Sept. We should shoot for another get
together then. It kinda fizzled out last year.

Rik