Apology - was RE: [Rhodes22-list] Politics Geraldo Rivera reports

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:11:26 EDT 2004

Steve the Analyst,

Have you ever considered that there are conservatives against attacking
Iraq? Can you expand your mind to separate issues or do you just lump them
all into one? Is it at all possible that we could have achieved better
results by some other means than attacking Iraq?

So maybe we attacked to fight terror against the US. Oops no link to 911
with Iraq (or the Cole, or the blowing up of US Embassies). Well maybe we
attacked because they had WMD. Oops no WMD found. Well maybe we attacked to
reduce terror globally. Try telling that to Spain. Well maybe we attacked
because we wanted to be involved with nation building. Oops didn't W have a
big speech saying he was against using our Armed Forces for nation building?
You also say we are at war; actually neither side has declared war.

Maybe if we hang around a few more years we can cram freedom down their
throats. This has worked so well for us in the past. What little good we
have achieved in Iraq has not been worth the cost. Try to use your best
analytical skills and do a cost analysis of the gains. Look at what we spent
and compare it to what we get back in return.

Do you have any understanding of the history of the area? Up until this
weekend the resistance in Iraq has come from the Sunnis. Even though Saddam
was a Sunni they are actually much more "open minded" than the Shiites
(sic?). The Shiites are the old school Muslims and true fundamentalist. They
only recognize the earliest teachings of the Koran and think that the
liberal Sunnis are heathens. Think Iran in the early 80s; it was the Shiites
that took over the US Embassy. Now the Shiites are unified enough to start
attacks against our forces. The only thing the Shiites and the Sunnis have
in common is their hatred of the US. The Kurds don't have much use for us
either but they think it is still in their best interest to lay off the US
forces. If something comes down that they don't like they will start blowing
up our guys as well.

I was watching FOX this weekend and was fascinated to hear how the falling
dollar is helping to drive up the cost of oil. I was happy to learn that
economics classes I took in the 70s still have merit. They discussed how
supply and demand and the strength of the dollar have everything to do with
the cost of imported goods. I guess you know better huh? I am also guessing
you just love FOX news right? LOL

I am not sure if the numerous errors in your posts are supposed to just rile
the list or if you just don't have a grasp of the facts. I know you will
counter with claims that I am liberal and bring up some more nonsense about
fishing. Things are a little more complex than that and perhaps beyond your
understanding.

Wally