[Rhodes22-list] Dis politics thread been belly belly goodtome:-{D>

Marc Steiger Marc.Steiger at dlptech.com
Mon Apr 5 16:41:33 EDT 2004

Todd-

I think you have it backwords on the drop in the value of the dollar. If you sell widgets to a company in France for $10, and the value of the dollar goes down against the euro, then you will receive more dollars for every widget sold.  A drop in the dollar will make it harder to import, and easier to export goods and services. It will tend to increase inflation because imports will start to be priced higher. It will have  a negative effect on our financial markets because foreigners will get their returns in a decreasing value dollar. But it will have a positive impact on our exports, and therefore a positive impact on the labor markets.

Marc