[Rhodes22-list] IMF PHRF and Portsmouth Ratings

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 17:19:15 EDT 2004

For those who race with IMF (or anyone else) I need some help. When I first
started racing in my club they asked me what my PHRF was and I told them
290. Well we had three races that day and I won all three in B fleet. They
looked up the PHRF scores in some book and the only rating they could find
was 270. I tried to explain that was for standard main and i have IMF but no
dice. They said prove it. Well I never could find any record of PHRF rating
for R22 (or Continental) with IMF so it never got changed.

This year they changed to Portsmouth to allow for more flexibiltiy in
rating. Portsmouth allows adjustment for sailing solo, wind conditions and
so on. Does anyone know of a Portsmouth or PHRF rating listed on line or in
a book for the IMF Rhodes.

Thanks,

Wally