[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard question

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Mon Apr 5 22:44:05 EDT 2004

Mark,
the CB fits down in a V'ed out slot on each side of the CB trunk.the  V on
each side of the trunk is about 2" at the top, tapering down to the size of
the pin at the bottom.It's about 5" long,(just guessing,I looked at it 4
hours ago when I first saw your e-mail,didn't actually measure anything)
It's only held in there by the pin protruding through the CB and resting in
the bottom of the V on each side of the trunk(by gravity).I think if you
released the CB pendent (with the boat on the trailer),grabbed the aft end
of the CB, lifting  up(to put most of the weight  on the CB pin) and pushing
fore and aft ( horizontally) the amount of slop should indicate the
condition of the unit.I have  my CB out right  now for repair & painting, so
I have easy access.If you need more info. let me know. My boat is a 1986
R-22.

Jerry Lowe
S/V  Country Rhodes