Apology - was RE: [Rhodes22-list] Politics Geraldo Rivera reports

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Tue Apr 6 00:20:03 EDT 2004

Wally, thanks for the vote of confidence. The problem with the fishing
analogy is that if you teach a man to fish and he eats [nothing but fish]
for a lifetime, he'll surely get mercury poisoning and die a slow, agonizing
death.  I think that's what Steve really has in mind.  He wants to kick
their asses...or save them--I still not sure which...but what better
passive/aggressive way to do it than teaching then how to poison themselves?

Slim

On 4/5/04 10:01 PM, "Wally Buck" <tnrhodey at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Darn this is still going on. Slim you make great points. I think Steve's
> answer will have something to do with fishing and all liberals ....oh never
> rmind.
>
> Wally
>

>> From: Steve Alm <salm at mn.rr.com>
>> To: Rhodes <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
>> Subject: Re: Apology - was RE: [Rhodes22-list] Politics Geraldo Rivera
>> reports
>> Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 21:30:17 -0500
>>
>> Steve,
>> Let me get this straight.  You're all in favor of helping the poor in Iraq,
>> but the poor in the US are not deserving.  Is that right?
>> Slim
>>
>> On 4/5/04 8:42 PM, "Steve" <rhodes2282 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Slim
>>> Life is not suppose to be easy.  There are good days
>>> but there are always more bad days.  Life is what you
>>> make it.  Everyone has choices & like similar to what
>>> Rik said, most folks are the way they are because of
>>> the choices they made.  One can only hope for more
>>> good choices than bad.  But poor folks don't always
>>> apply themself.  It's a sad things but it true.
>>>
>>> But then again, you see their is this country, say USA
>>> and its helping this country say, Irag, but no one on
>>> this list but a couple guys (thank you BTW) who are
>>> for helping the poor uneducated people.  Kinda