[Rhodes22-list] Seaward 26

William P. Barry, III wp.barry at att.net
Mon Apr 12 19:49:21 EDT 2004

Those also ordering the 26. Have come up with some tech questions from what i saw Friday and Saturday.

Reefing points.... As i saw it there was only one, seems like this doesn't quite cut it. Should a second be added in? Also, noticed there is no opening mid sail to put sail ties on and keep the bundle together. Just the reefing line and forward reefing point that attaches at the boom.  And the biggie, the reefing line looks like it is to be cleated off at the boom by the mast. Should the lines not be run aft into the cockpit to enable single handing? I guess we were looking in to try to figure out a system and have everything run back to the cockpit for easy control and was wondering if anyone else was planning something similar.

Winches... The halyard winch seemed a bit difficult to work with winching up the sail and hanging on to the working end of the line, self tailing needed?

Will Barry
    wp.barry at att.net