[Rhodes22-list] I got a dilemma people

Glen & Dorene Barrera dbarrera at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 22:55:45 EDT 2004

Dorene and I are the ones out of Chicago who are moving to the S26. Elton
picked up our R22 ChickieBabe a week ago yesterday...Dorene watched as he
drove her out of the driveway and down the street. She feels it's kind of
like an adoption process; we will both miss that boat and hope she will get
a good owner.

Michael, I like the idea of being able to stay within the list as  S26
owners. I have been overworking the last couple years and have not been able
to get on the list much (let along responding with something intelligent,
especially to some of the political debates) but have always found this list
to be comfortable and quite knowledgeable about sailing in general and the
R22 in particular. We know many people from the list personally and feel
like we've come to know others, simply from their posts.

Anyway,
Have the wheel steering. Seemed to be a better place to hang the
instruments.
Have the standard trailer as our ramp into the harbor has a reasonable slope
and put in a 15ft extension a couple years ago.
Have the standard one reef point. Not because of any preference but because
we don't know any better :) Never had a battened main. Never sailed the S26.
Figured we'd try it this way....
Went with the portable marine head with deck pump out (our marina has johns
within a minute walk), shower, and hot water (shore power outlet by General
Boats) ...Dorene didn't get as luckly as Shirley...no AC :)
We are having GB install an extra outlet in the galley for a microwave.
VHF anetnna and radio installation from GB.

We're looking at May to go pick her up in Edenton.  That time will be here
before we know it :)

Glen and Dorene
Currently, boatless