[Rhodes22-list] Virus???

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 14 09:38:14 EDT 2004

Thanks Julie and Michael,

I really don't worry too much about it for myself. I generally run K-Mail and
Firefox in Xandros(linux) for most of my online stuff anymore. These don't
seem as vunerable to these attacks, from what I have seen. I do wonder
though, if it is possible for one of these to get into my email and spread
this stuff around without me knowing it. Even though it probably can't do
much to hurt my computer, I do worry that I may inadvertently be spreading
stuff that would do harm to folks still using MS stuff.

I do have a firewall (2 actually hardware and softwear) and run f-protect. In
almost a year of using Xandros(linux) I have yet to have found any kind of
virus in it, other than a script I put in myself, to make sure the virus
checker was working.

Those of you who are tired of all this crap, might consider giving Xandros a
try. It's pretty "windows like" as far as using it goes. For me, the iinstall
was very simple and quick. There are only a couple of things I need to turn
on MS for at all, anymore. Though it is not free, @ $89 IIRC, for what you
get, compared to MS prices, it is incedibly cheap.

Next question: How is it that some talk about getting 50 or a 100 spam
messages a day, and I get hardly any???? Am I just that special? :-) :-) Or
is this something to do with the difference in ISPs, maybe??? I haven't
changed my email address in several years.

Rik