[Rhodes22-list] Gulf Coast Sailing

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Apr 15 20:25:44 EDT 2004

Ben,

      Thanks, this was a really good site for sailing entertainment.

 <http://www.tgw.net/> http://www.tgw.net/

BTW, last weekend I visited the Gulf Coast, in the Apalachicola, Florida
area.  I had not been there in about 10 years.  It looks like a great place
to sail a Rhodes22.  Unfortunately, it is over a nine hour drive for me in a
car without a trailer.  The Gulf on a windy day (25-30mph) was doable.  The
Gulf on a windy day is not as ruff as the Atlantic.  Apalachicola Bay and
St. Joseph's Bay looked fantastic.

I guess these guys buying the new expensive boats have the money to buy the
expensive waterfront houses being built all along the coast.  Water front
lots down there start at over $1,000,000.  Then they build huge houses,
worth mega bucks.  Is that the way it is on your part of the coast?

                           Ed K