[Rhodes22-list] Bill North -- steering harness for Rhodes 22

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Apr 17 14:55:29 EDT 2004

Bill:

     There have been at least two Rhodes22's with steering wheels.  One was
back at Edenton for an extended stay.  Word on the water is that Stan
removed the wheel and put a tiller back in so that he could resell it. This
was referred to as the Red Wheel boat.

     The other one, a white one, is supposed to be in Canada.

     But, as Michael has already said, Stan (also known as Mr. Fixit) has a
linkage system to solve your problem.  Get your motor thru Stan and have him
install the leakage system at the same time.  There are quite a few of the
linkage systems out there.  Also, he can install the motor controls on the
inside of the cockpit (Often on the tiller).  Imagine all the controls in
your hand.  Since you are talking about a new motor anyway, get the maestro
of the Rhodes22 to get it the way you need it.

     Since you are in Virginia, why not hop in your car, visit Edenton and
take Stan and Rose out to dinner and discuss what he can do for you.  Cash
in hand would lubricate the process.

          Ed K

          Greenville, SC

Sailing on Rummy's lake aka Lake Hartwell