[Rhodes22-list] New boat

Vic Huebner atlantic at engineer.com
Sun Apr 18 11:44:35 EDT 2004

Hi,
I just wanted to tell you about my first-ever boat that I got from Stan last weekend. They did such a great job on the '87 that everyone thinks it's brand new. They cleaned all the white fiberglass like new, fittings are bright and shiny, and they even painted the inside of the lazarette with the fire-engine red paint. Both sails have a wide red edging. Stan and Rose were most gracious. Even though they gave us a great deal, they still took me, Connie, and my son-in-law to dinner - what nice people!
Our slip in Charlestown (north end of the Chesapeake) isn't open till May 1 so we attempted to push it up our driveway, but our old Blazer just didn't hack it. So we parked it in the road (see pic). One of our neighbors complained so the cops came with a $100 fine per day. The good part is that the marina will let us in tomorrow. I hope I can remember how to rig it, although the directions seem good.