[Rhodes22-list] Politics--Rik

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 27 18:03:53 EDT 2004

Bill,

Don't think for a minute that I am so naive as to believe that Gaddafi (Q?,
whatever) is suddenly getting manners because he has decided he likes us.
Quite the contrary, I'm sure. BUT, I don't care if he has manners because
he is our friend, or because he is scared of what he knows we can do, the
end result is, he has better manners. If he talks too big, I'm sure another
missile in his kitchen will settle him back down for a few years.

We do have to face the fact that these people are probably NOT EVER going
to like us. I don't think their religion would allow that. But, that is not
to say that they shouldn't respect us. If that respect has to be had by
virtue of a "bigger stick" then, so be it.

Rik