[Rhodes22-list] porta-bote

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Mon Aug 2 10:25:01 EDT 2004

John and Nell Ward had a porta-bote.  I don't know if they still have it or
not.

 should still be some pictures on the website (see below)...

Honestly, I didn't particularly care for it because it isn't really all that
portable. Unless there is a much smaller version, I have a hard time
picturing it in your quarter berth.  We moved it in John's full-sized van
and it stretched from the rear doors up between the front seats.  It is also
pretty cumbersome to move.  It would be hard (impossible?) to get it in
there yourself.

 It is a pretty good dinghy, though.  If you thought of it as a hard dinghy
that you could fold up if you had to, you might be on the right track.  But
then again, I didn't use it much, and only helped John set it up and take it
down once.  So setting it up wasn't a well practiced activity.
http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/pics/motoring.jpg
http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/pics/rafted3.jpg

Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy one if I had planty of power to run a
compressor for an inflatable dink.

Just my 2cents.

--Doug