[Rhodes22-list] Shoot-Thru-Hull Transducer

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 3 10:23:22 EDT 2004

This has been a subject of discussion on a number of older threads.  You
should be able to find a variety of opinions on the archive. My
boat has the older style porta-potty mounted just aft of the v berth.  The
"shoot through" transducer is mounted in the area under the potty (along
with
a through hole knotmeter that I never use). It is arranged so that the mount
is
vertical and the area between the sensor and hull is filled with mineral
oil.
It works well in this location, although sailing on Lake Michigan I only
use it rarely.

Ron