[Rhodes22-list] Letter Size

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Wed Aug 4 08:40:27 EDT 2004

The attached picture shows the boat name on my Rhodes 22.  The upper case "D" in Dynamic & the upper case "E" in Equilibrium are each about 6 inches high, with the rest of the lower case cursive font sized proportionally smaller.  The picture was shot with a 35 mm SLR camera using a standard 50 mm lens from about 100 feet away under strong midday lighting on a very clear day.  So, this view is about the perspective you would see with an unaided eye under ideal viewing conditions.  As you can see, the name is very readable.   But, I wouldn't go any smaller, at least not with this flowing cursive style font.

That person at the helm in the picture is me singlehanding the boat in very light air on Lake Ouchita (Wash-E-Taw) in the summer of 1990.  Lake Ouchita is located in southern Arkansas near Hot Springs, AR.

Hope this helps.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium