[Rhodes22-list] Lou Rosenbergs Jewel

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Wed Aug 4 22:38:42 EDT 2004

Ed,
Nice list and good advice. I'll also second JIm Connolly's recommendation
of Don Casey's "Inspecting the Aging Sailboat"

As far as things to look for - I'd look for signs of water in the cabin and
lazarette. If it's in NY, any water in those areas will have frozen over
the winter so look for signs of ice damage as well.

Make sure the decks and cabin top are solid. Look for obvious deformities
in the hull

Unfortunately, the only way to see the centerboard trunk is to take apart
the interior in the vicinity of the companionway. The centerboard itself
(and the cap for the centerboard trunk) would be replaceable.

Good luck.

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Swan Creek, MD / Ft. Washington, PA