[Rhodes22-list] boat surveyors

Lou Rosenberg steadilsr at verizon.net
Thu Aug 5 08:52:34 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, August 4, 2004, at 05:44 PM, Jim Connolly wrote:

> Some surveyors are worthwhile.  I have been burned in the past by an
> incompetent *and* unethical surveyor.   Get references.
>
> For a previous sailboat, the best money I spent was on "Inspecting the
> Aging
> Sailboat" by Don Casey.  If you read this first and take lots of
> pictures,
> you will be well informed at the inspection and be able to interpret
> and
> understand what you see.
>
> Jim Connolly
> s/v Inisheer
> '85 recycled '03
>
> ********
Jim
  Much thanks I will look for the book today and be very careful.

  How does one find a boat surveyor?
  Although the owner is basically giving this boat away,  I understand I
need to know what expenses i will incur to bring it up to standards
that I will feel safe and good about.    That said, I know up front
this is a 'project boat'  and would expect to have to invest serious
cash to overhaul it.

  any one have leads on surveyors in the NYC metro area??

  Thanks
  Lou