[Rhodes22-list] newbie request for advice!

eric.charles.newburger at census.gov eric.charles.newburger at census.gov
Fri Aug 6 11:05:18 EDT 2004

Am on Chesapeake Bay, south of Annapolis--'tis called the West River Area.

Features I chose as far as I can remember without looking at the contract
which is in my files:
1.  I chose the manual motor lift, and will buy my own outboard--a four
stroke with manual start with 5 or 6 h.p.
2.  I took the 12 volt system and solar panel, but asked Stan to leave out
the shore-power system.  I'm getting two batteries.
3.  I ordered a bimini.  I may have ordered the pop-top enclosure.  But I
also may have decided to wait a year on that.
4.  I ordered the CDI furler for changeable headsails, and a luff tape for
the 175 Genoa.  Also an in-mast furling main.
5.  I have asked Stan to install a compass and depth sounder (with a
through-the-hull rather than a thru-hull transducer) and a VHF.
6.  I think I skipped the cockpit cushions.  See note on pop-top enclosure.
7.  I went with the enclosed head, and asked Stan to squeeze in a full
blown Lectrasan rather than the macerator combo.  The head and vhf are the
places where I am asking for a more complex rather than a simpler set up.
I'm married.
8.  Everything else is pretty standard these days I think...galley, anchor
system, a hull and deck to go with it.  Like that.

Eric

                      "Nell"
                      <nellwolfe at cox.net>            To:       "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      rhodes22-list-bounces at r        Subject:  RE: [Rhodes22-list] newbie request for advice!
                      hodes22.org

                      08/05/2004 07:39 PM
                      Please respond to The
                      Rhodes 22 mail list

Eric,

I just signed on to buy a new Rhodes too - from Stan the Man.
Have you decided what extra things you will have put on your boat?
I queried the Rhodes list about 2 weeks ago about their opinions on what
was
good to have & what was not.
They were a fount of good advice just as Stan promised.
Where are you located and what kind of water will you be sailing the new
boat on?
By the way, Congratulations!

nellwolfe