[Rhodes22-list] Splash "Red Rover"

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Aug 9 12:43:27 EDT 2004

Doug,
Just to clarify, the link to the ceremony of the Windward II is not me.
It's just something I found in researching the naming ceremony and I thought
it to be noteworthy so I passed it on to you.  The real meat and potatoes is
the John Vigor script.  When we did our denaming and renaming ceremonies, we
didn't have a marching band--we sang several selected songs instead.  But we
made a special event out of it just the same--distinguished guests,
presiding BOD (babbling old duffer) etc.
Slim