[Rhodes22-list] Lou's boat relocation

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Aug 10 12:31:55 EDT 2004

Lou,

    You are moving along.  Does the trailer have a spare?  I recommend
getting or borrowing one for the move.  In your area on the roads if you had
a flat it would be a premium to get it fixed on the road.  Have an extra set
of lug nuts.  Have a lug wrench that fits all lug nuts.  After you have
towed the boat a mile or there about, stop and physically check the
tightness of all lug nuts.  Just one loose nut can cause grief.

    Rims can be had an automotive parts recycling place (junkyard)
reasonably priced. You are not really going very far, just very congested.

    Unless you have towed heavy trailers before, you might want to consider
a road other than the famous LIE.  I would say use an off-hour, but does
that road ever have an off-hour?

    Good luck.

Ed K

Greenville, SC, USA