[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22

FCrawford0707 at aol.com FCrawford0707 at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 01:36:36 EDT 2004

Al - I agree with Jay wholeheartedly.  We are also coastal NJ sailors and we don't have the bay-width of Barnegat in the south. Sometimes we tack every 30 seconds, but we love the challenge.  We purchased our R22 in '94 after checking out a whole lot of other minicruisers - we concluded that the Rhodes was close to the perfect design for our thin and narrow waters.  when conditions are not too choppy or boisterous, we don't hesitste to take her out the inlet for some ocean sailing.  But get a depth sounder - it will save you having to reset the kick-up rudder when you get a bit too shallow.  Frone Crawford / "Sunday Morning"