[Rhodes22-list] A little advice please

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Fri Aug 13 21:20:29 EDT 2004

Dave ,
As a last ditch effort before disassembly,you might try going to a car wash and spraying both sides and back and front into the centerboard well from underneath.Might just be able to dissolve enough crusty marine critters to dislodge it (CB).On my 86' , the pendent was starched up around the pulleys with dried marine crud ,and was so stiff that it wouldn't let the CB drop.If some one would have sent this letter to me last year it would have saved me a nasty job last fall and this spring (slow work takes time).If you do have to operate,I highly recommend new pendent,pulleys and pendent tube.Also,GOOD bottom paint in well and on CB,if slipped or moored.
Jerry Lowe
S/V Country Rhodes
Creston Ohio