[Rhodes22-list] Is there a Rhodes 22 in northern Ohio thatwecansee?

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 14 00:18:13 EDT 2004

Karen (and Bill)

It's simple.....bigger boat = bring more stuff = bigger boat = bring
more stuff = bigger boat........ We need to break this viscious circle
or any boat is eventually going to remind us of one of those little
puzzles. Have you ever owned a garage that was big enough after it was 2
years old??

I don't own an R22 anymore, but I found that for storage space(s), the
R22 was tough to beat in it's class.

For Sandy and I, 4 adults on our R22 on an overnight would have been a
crowd. We didn't have a boom room or cockpit filler cushions. I think 2
adults and a couple (not too big) kids would be OK. For a daysail, 4
adults would be no problem at all. Definitely get the pop-top enclosure.
It works great and is very easy to set up.

As far as sailing goes, the R22 is a very good sailer, heavy enough for
tougher weather, yet still quite nimble in light air. Points pretty
well. Deals with large waves or power-boat wakes with hardly a wiggle.
Nice DRY ride. VERY easy to single hand. I think you will find it
compares VERY favorably to your Potter for both performance and space.

I do miss many of the features on our R22 as I am sailing on our new (to
us) boats. :-)

Rik,
R22 alumnus, formerly S/V "Country Rhodes"
S/V "Happy Little Girls 2", PS Flicka
S/V "Just Little", M-15