[Rhodes22-list] Sailing in the Southeast

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 17:49:36 EDT 2004

Ben,
Saturday started out really good with winds out of the NE at around 12 mph.
I sailed down to the other end of the lake wing on wing and picked up Yankee
Clipper. From there we headed towards R'Yot which was already under sail and
coming towards us. From there, the winds went downhill. I finally called my
wife  and had her check area airports for wind conditions. Sure enough, the
winds  picked up about a half hour later, but Yankee Clipper headed home and R'Yot
and  RumRunner tied up alongside a houseboat beached in a cove and we
proceeded to  drink massive quantities. Capt. Bob Keller showed up with his youngest
daughter  on a Sea Doo and partied for a while. We parted company a little
later, Capt.  Bob motoring home with daughter driving  :) and I sailed for
another hour.  Not a bad day on the water. You should have called.....as you know,
you always  have an open invitation....just bring rum.

Rummy