[Rhodes22-list] Olympic Sailing

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Tue Aug 17 17:27:56 EDT 2004

Is the sailing on at any time other than the midnight to 1 am ET slot?  I
want to catch the 49ers but apparently missed the first showing.

The last time I was in San Francisco, where they're from...duh... I saw
several and could not believe my eyes.  They were not only passing motor
boats in the SF Bay but were passing pretty speedy motor boats.  They're
sort of like the International 14's big brother--retractable bow sprit, open
transom, trapeze rigged, beamy, fastest mono hull boat I've ever seen.
(I've seen footage of those little trimarans that get up on hydrofoils that
might be faster still.)

Slim